Turkish freighter FOM illegal activities investigation, Ukraine
Turkish freighter FOM is engaged in illegal trading with Russian annexed Crimea, Ukraine, Black sea, since December 2016, according to Ukrainian vigilante group InfoNapalm investigation: https://blog.informnapalm.org/fom-pryamoj-rejs-s-gruzom-yz-turtsyy-v-okkupyrovannyj-sevastopol/ Vessel called Sevastopol port four times, which is violation of sanctions and shipping restrictions, imposed on Crimean shipping. Reportedly, in all four cases, after delivering cargo from Turkey to Sevastopol, vessel has been loaded with sodium bound for Egypt. When transiting Turkish Straits, vessel showed Novorossiysk as loading port. The report was handed over to Ukrainian authorities, including MFA. Legal proceedings to be launched, including official request to be sent to Turkey.
General cargo vessel FOM, IMO 8100624, dwt 1766, built 1981, flag Panama, manager LEFON SHIPPING CORP, Istanbul.
Maritime Bulletin Daily Apr 24 – 25
• Bulk carrier TAMAR explosion UPDATE: one dead, three badly burned
• Chinese general cargo ship on fire, Japan: UPDATE burned out and sank
• Disabled cargo ship towed to safety, Taiwan Strait
• AMIRA EMAN grounding, Italy
• Turkish freighter FOM illegal activities investigation, Ukraine